1. I’m pretty sure I’m in what people call “shock” right now. At least I hope that’s what it is, because if it’s not, then it’s most definitely what they call “laziness.” Yesterday, I walked around the house, looked at what all needs to be packed, then I sideyeed the scuff marks that need to be cleaned off the walls. Then, I sat down to everything I need to take care of in the next three weeks. Phone calls, appointments, insurance mumbo jumbo, responding to emails, and the like. Naturally, I avoided everything and just started reading my favorite blogs. (Hiiii, Amy – update your blog so I can procrastinate s’more !)
It’s probably just the sense of overwhelm, but I feel like I have SO much to do that the only possible option is to not to do anything at all.
2. Yesterday I decided that what I was wearing was my favorite outfit this week:
Is that sad? I love my lululemon tops and hoodies as much as the next girl, but nothing beats a good alma matter hoodie. Am I right or am I right?
3. Speaking of lululemon, this arrived on my doorstep this week:
4. Last night I took a yoga class – one of the last ones I’ll take at my current studio (tear!) All day long I looked forward to this class, and it was pretty marvelous, but I like morning yoga so.much.better. than evening yoga. Yoga both invigorates me and zens me out, and I like to have that blissed out feeling with me all day! Not only a couple hours before bed.
5. Also last night at yoga class? I totally om’ed myself out. At the beginning of class after meditating for about 10 minutes, the class chants the “om” three times in unison. Well, apparently I got a little carried away, because after the third “om,” I took a deep (pranayama) breath, and started a 4th one! Unfortunately I was only in unison with myself, and it went more like “oooooo…crap” I think that’s the first time I’ve ever been embarrassed in yoga class!
6. I really should have just titled this “Last Night, in Yoga Class…” (edited, I did!) because I’ve got another one for ya. I feel like I’m the only one in the universe who does this, but my yoga studio pretty much considers yoga and the universe with their religion (which is fine – awesome for them to have a higher power to believe in!) But…and this is going to sound WEIRD, you guys…I almost feel like I’m “cheating” on God when I’m sitting their listening to the instructor talking about sending healing vibrations, visualizations, and signals. So in my head, I always say a different word. You know, like God instead of universe or divinity, Amen instead of namaste, and so on. I don’t get really religious on this blog, so I hope I didn’t just lose half my readers…I told you I’m a weirdo!
7. Does anyone else feel like TV is going through a total slump right now? The only show I’m currently digging is Dexter (which is freaking awesome this season) but it’s ending soon Even the housewives need to step up their game! I can’t wait for OC to come back.
The cat fighting we all know and love
8. Tina’s microwaveable english muffin.
Actually, this is a recipe I got from a while back message board I frequent, but it’s basically the exact same thing – just measured in grams instead and without the pinch of salt. When I saw Tina’s post (and how delicious it looked,) it made me want to try it. This morning I made it, and then sandwiched a pork patty, eggs, and some kale from a local farm in between – and added that pinch of salt. In the words of Tina, holy yum. I think I even said “WOW…” when I finished it, because I felt so satisfied.
9. I was watching this video the other day and I think my back gave out and my knees blew out just by witnessing the atrocious form:
what. the. heck.
All right. Off to train my (last – tear!) Friday clients. Have a good one
How do you feel about TV lately?
Have you ever embarrassed yourself in a yoga or group fitness class?