Fun Saturday Fodder & Feedback
OK, this post was supposed to go up yesterday morning, hence the blip in alliteration in the title above.
However, I slept in due to clocking an amazing 10 freaking hours of sleep on Thursday night, and didn’t have time to finish it. I had about 15 minutes to wash my face, slap on some deodorant, grab a bar for breakfast and high tail it to my first client’s house.
And that’s pretty much how my Friday in its entirety went, hence, Panera and wine for dinner:
So instead, how about a Saturday post?
1. So about that salad above. It’s the Thai Chopped Chicken Salad and it’s freaking delicious. I’m on a Panera kick lately, ever since they started using all natural chicken in their salads. Yum.
2. My lips. They are really dry right now. No matter how much lip balm I apply, I just can’t seem to rid the dryness! I’m currently resorting them to patting them with my face moisturizer (CeraVe,) and then sealing it in with Vaseline.
Any suggestions on a better method?
3. This book.
I took two weeks to read this book instead of one because I really wanted to savor it and let it soak in. I read 1-2 chapters every night before bed, and I really really enjoyed it – and learned a lot from it! I’m actually sad that The Shack is due back to the library tomorrow!
4. Pomegranate arils.
I’m putting them in EVERYTHING! Shane jokingly asked my last night if I was going to put pom arils in the chili (ha-ha.) They’ve been going in everything from yogurt to oatmeal to salads to muffins!
5. My pull up goal. I’m really trying hard at it. I’m just not there yet.
Sigh. I am getting stronger, though!
6. Trader Joe’s Monkey Business trail mix.
Hands down my all-time favorite trail mix out there – even more than fall trail mix! I don’t even care if all the fruit in it is sweetened. It’s yummy.
7. Uhh, I leave for Colorado next week!
While I’m incredibly pumped to hike Pike’s Peak and see the Garden of the Gods, I’m almost equally excited about where we’ll be staying. We’re only going for 5 days, but it will be enough to recharge in the mountains
8. My stocked pantry.
How does one spend an insane amount on groceries a few days before they’re leaving for a trip?! I really didn’t think this one over.
9. Fish burps.
I love my homeopathic doctor and the vitamins he prescribes me, but I could really do without the fish burps. Ugh. Does anyone know any tricks or cures for the furps? PLEASE SHARE.
10. The devastation.
It truly sank in for me when I saw the pictures in the link above. My heart is saddened, and my prayers go out to everyone affected by this natural disaster.
So. Suggestions: Any recs for a cure for dry lips or the furps?