Hi guys – It’s finally Friday!!
Thanks for all your kind words yesterday. It sounds like most of us could use a big, virtual, wine glass *cheers* and have a little de-stress I am happy to say that yesterday went a LOT better than Wednesday, and I have a feeling today’s going to be even better! Wanna know why? I’m going to Chicago to see Destiny and Kim!!!
Big smiles on my face. I’m also making a pit-stop to a lululemon to grab a couple things on the way (on the hunt for denim wunder unders and another scuba hoodie) so that’s also exciting
This morning, I’m training my morning classes, sneaking in a spin class workout, and perhaps a quickie leg workout. Before I head out, I thought today would be the perfect day for a survey.
10 Running Tidbits
1. FUEL: Shot Bloks, GU, Energy Chews, Candy or Other?
Well, I don’t do much fueling during runs because I don’t run anything more than 6 miles lately (let’s be honest, it’s been weeks since these feet have run more than 5 miles) but when I *am* training for half marathons, my fuel of choice is most definitely sports beans!
2. Race Length: 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon, Marathon, Ultra or Other?
10k for sure. Enough for a challenge, but not so much that it makes training for one become a burden.
3. Workout Bottoms: Skirts, Running Shorts, Capris, Pants or Other?
Shorts! I will run in shorts (Nike tempos are my favorite) until it gets below 45 degrees. Then unfortunately the capris come out.
4. Sports Drink: Gatorade, Powerade, Cytomax, you stick to water when you run or Other?
Recently, if I’m running on the treadmill, I love to sip on Fitmixer’s BCAAs. However, back in the days when I ran double digits with my Camelbak, I was packin’ blue Gatorade.
5. Running Temperatures: HEAT or COLD?
I think I’d have to go with heat, here. However, this summer I found it really hard to run in the heat, so maybe my preferences are changing? Either way I’m a wuss and nearly refuse to run in anything below 40 degrees.
Most of the time
6. Running Shoe Brands: Saucony, Mizuno, Nike, Brookes, Asics or Other?
You mean people actually choose a favorite and stick with it?
7. Pre-race meal: Oatmeal, Bagel, Banana, Eggs, Cereal or Other?
Toast, a thin layer of PB, and a sliced banana.
8. Rest Days: 1x per week, 2x per week, never ever ever or Other?
Well, I only run twice a week right now. Then I also go to spin class once a week, and lift four times a week. I have 1-2 rest days, so sometimes I’ll lift on spin/run days.
9. Music: Have to have it or go without it?
If I’m running outdoors, I run to music 99% of the time. If I’m on the treadmill I’m either watching a show or reading my Kindle (I know, I’m a weirdo.)
10. #1 reason for running: stress-relief, endorphins, you love to race, so you can eat all the cupcakes you want, weight-loss, love running for social reasons or Other?
Hmmm, let’s go with stress-relief, endorphins, and eating all the cupcakes
Runners: What’s your running shoe brand?
Non runners: what’s your workout shoe brand?