This or That: Health and Fitness Edition
It’s Friday, and I like to keep it pretty light over here on this last day of the work week (even though last week got kinda heavy.) So today I thought we’d play a little game called This or That, or Would You Rather specifically, of the health and fitness realm. You can play along too in the comments!
This or That?
1. Run/workout in the heat and humidity or freezing temps and snow? I have to go with heat and humidity. Sure, my pace slows to that of a turtle, but I refuse to even run when it’s below 35 degrees. Refuse!
2. Have washboard abs or flat abs? I may catch heat for this answer, but I’m going to go with flat abs. I’m kinda lucky in that I’m naturally slender through the waist, and I prefer a flat stomach than a 6-pack. On a man? I sing a different tune
3. Dr. Oz or The Doctors? I’d say The Doctors is the lesser of the two evils in this case.
4. Cardio or strength? This flip flops all the damn time for me, but right now I’d say I enjoy cardio more. I’m all about spin classes. I still do strength training, but I’m just less excited about it.
5. Cravings: Protein or carbs? Oh totally carbs. I rarely crave me some meat. Some dense, crunchy dipping bread? Oh heck yes.
7. Frozen Yogurt or Ice Cream? I talked about this one here, but I’m an ice cream girl. Give me a satisfying bowl of ice cream, without a mound of toppings, por favor!
8. To train: Upper body or Lower body? Lower. Hands down. You guys know I love my booty burnin’ workouts.
9. Protein powder or food with protein? I love my protein powder, but I’m not one to put it in every.single.last.thing. I eat. A protein shake’s good – or maybe a protein pancake.
10. Lunges or squats? Squats! Lunges are probably my least favorite lower body exercise. They hurt so good bad!
11. Sweet or salty? Sweeeeeet. for the most part. Very rarely do I have a craving for chips, unless I’m at a Mexican restaurant.
12. Workout attire: cute or comfy? Both? Actually, when I’m at the gym, I do wear my cuter workout clothes. However, if I’m running outside or working out at home, I’m more “me” and go with mismatching Nike tempos and a sports bra. Or team building 1999 t shirt (ok fine volleyball 1999.)
I likely trained a client before this Niko walk.
13. Body Pump or Heavy lifting? The latter, though I’m not currently lifting “heavy.”
14. Yoga or Pilates? Yoga, even though I’m not good at all at keeping it up. I’ve tried pilates maybe twice.
15. Nike or Adidas? Nike! Although Under Armour beats them both.
16. Running on the treadmill or outdoors? Outsiiiiiide.
17. Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s? Trader Joe’s all the way. However, the closest of either two are two hours away, so I’d take either one!
18. Summer or Winter Olympics? Summer!! I love watching gymnastics. Remember the significant seven or whatever they were? I used to idolize Dominique Moceanu
19. Exercises classes or Exercise videos? Probably classes. I’m not huge into workout DVD’s – not enough accountability or motivation for me I suppose.
20. Steamed veggies or roasted veggies? For taste, I’d say roasted, but 99.999% of the time I go with steamed because it’s so much quicker and easier.
I’m off to train my first client of the day, then hit up spin. Have a good one!
Your turn! This or that:
Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper?
Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s?
Roasted or steamed veggies??