Good morning, my friends!
We all have a great weekend? Mine rounded out nicely with a visit to my parents’ house to hang out, play a game of euchre, and get some Mexican food Good times.
Thankfully, the weather – at least here in Illinois – decided to turn gorgeous and drop the temps. I think right after posting this, I’m going to grab Niko and go for a walk before I have to get to training my clients.
Yesterday I mentioned having some fun, acting like a kid, going to the playground, and…breaking a sweat?? You betcha!
always check with a doctor before beginning any new exercises
- Bench push ups – grab a bench, and with your hands on the seat, slightly wider than shoulder width apart, lower yourself down into push up position, bending your elbows to 90 degrees, before pressing back up.
- Bench step ups – standing on a bench, lower your left leg until the foot touches the ground. Press directly back up and repeat. Switch sides after 10 reps.
- Monkey bars – Grab some monkey bars and and walk with your hands across them!
- Ladder climb
- Slide climbers – carefully, climb UP a slide
- Crab walk – crab walk back down!
- Swing jackknife – in a high plank position, place feet in a swing. Using the abs, bring the knees in toward your chest, and extend back out.
- Swing push up – in a high plank position, place feet prone in a swing, and lower down into a push up
- Swing plank – place hands or forearms in a swing, and balance a plank for 45 seconds.
- Balance – find a roller, and try to hold your balance – this challenges core stability!
Off to begin the day! Starting with this:
Summer squash, onion, beet greens, with 1 egg + 2 egg whites, scrambled. With a side of dry cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread. Yum!
Have a marvelous Monday, loves!