Yes, I realize both of today’s posts involve the word “things” in the title. I promise I’m not that challenged in the vocabulary department.
However, when thinking about what I wanted to rant on about this afternoon, I couldn’t pick just one thing. I have a few things to talk about, so buckle up.
1. Community. Shane and I recently got all seasons of Community and started with season 1 episode 1. I don’t know why I’d never watched this before, as I have a slight obsession with Joel McHale.
However, when we finished season 4 of Sons of Anarchy and – get ready for some white girl problems right here – found I’d have to wait until the new season comes on TV, I found myself in a mild, Jacks Teller-deprived, depressed state, I knew I had to start a new series ASAP. Thankfully, the genius comedy of Community led me right from one obsession to the next
2. Iced Green Tea. As a self-proclaimed tea-disliker, I have no idea where this obsession came from. But all the sudden I find myself wanting iced tea throughout the day.
It’s easy to make, too. I just boil 4 cups of water in my electric kettle, toss in 7 or 8 green tea bags, and let it steep for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, I pour 4 cups of cold water into my pitcher, and then pour the hot tea over top. At the end, I add a few tablespoons of local honey. Which brings us to…
3. Local honey. I’m obsessed. Obsessed! I picked up three little jars with different flavors and the farmer’s market last week, and I can’t get enough. I’m going to go back and buy more, more, more!
This morning as a snack, I spread some peanut butter on a piece of toast, and then some raw honey bee honey on top, with some bananas, and it was heaven. Heaven, I tell you!
4. This self-timer camera app for my iPhone:
I’ve been creating lots of workouts for you guys. Now I just have to do the work part and put them together in a semi-visually appeasing and organized fashion.
5. Speaking of fashion, I’ve also been obsessed with LaurenConrad.com
I wouldn’t call myself a girly-girl, but I love Lauren Conrad’s website. It’s everything girly and light and classy and feminine and pretty and pink. Basically everything I am not. Ok fine, that’s putting it a little too harshly. But it does bring out my inner girly-girl, and makes me want to do my nails.
6. Equipment-themed workouts
Along with the medicine ball workout I posted last week, I’ve been loving TRX workouts, stability ball workouts, tubing workouts, and I just ordered some valslides from Amazon. Even though paper plates work fine, too.
7. Music. I didn’t really have a 7, but I’m not a big fan of the #6, so I thought for a minute and then realized, not only a thing for 7, but also for 8, which just so happens to be my second favorite number. But first number 7.
In the past year, I’ve probably downloaded 10 albums. Eight of those albums were downloaded in the past week. My faves of the moment:
8. Self-Pampering. I’m always a fan of letting others pamper me, but that takes money. My monthly pedicure and monthly massage-but-in-reality-twice-a-year-massage is about as much as I do. Oh, and a hair cut every 6-8 weeks The self pampering is something I’ve just gotten back into. You know, homemade (yogurt mask) facials, actually doing my nails, exfoliating, bathing – err soaking – in the bathtub. I do that last one while listening to one of the artists above. That’s why #7 led to a #8
What’s your “thing” as of late?