Oh, Thursday. I wasn’t sure if I’d ever see your arrival! But I’m most certainly happy you’re here, since you’re actually Thriday and all.
I have a whole jumble on thoughts on the ol’ brain right now. When this happens – as it does mostly towards the end of the week – bullet points work best. Can’t write a cohesive paragraph? Bullet points are the answer.
- Somehow, I woke up for the THIRD day in a row, early enough to get my workout in before training clients. Without an alarm clock. This is a small miracle for me. I’m not sure why my internal clock is an hour ahead, but I’ll take it. Today’s workout involved Workout B in Tina’s boot camp program, and then for funsies, I tacked on this no-frills HIIT workout to the end of it to get my heart racing:
It also lead to a super sweaty Paige, which I’m sure aforementioned client appreciated. At least she was in good company when the sweat beads in her workout started making an appearance!
- I finally had a not-smoothie for breakfast. I love me some smoothies, but sometimes when it’s an hour or more between workout + breakfast, I just need something I can chew on. And I can definitely chew on these:
I can chew on these for days…I made the normal protein pancakes, but added chia seeds. I don’t think I’d recommend this, though. They made them cook all weird and not form into a nice little circle in the pan like they normally do. However, they were just as delicious as always. And looks aren’t everything.
- Look what I bought at Kroger yesterday!
10 bottles of Vitamin water, 10 jars of peanut butter, and 1 sweet potato. What? That’s not what’s on your grocery list this week? Don’t worry, I’m not a hoarder (yet.) Today was Kroger’s last day of their 10 for 10 sale, and I had to stock up. Shane and I are straight up obsessed with Vitamin Water Zero in Go-Go flavor.
Also, I discovered that Kroger’s Natural peanut butter is THE best out there. It’s tasty, and drippy, and not super hard at all (that’s NOT what she said) and perfect. And then to make it even better? Check out these ingredients:
Peanuts. Salt. No.added.sugar. What up! I also now have 9 jars of peanut butter in my basement. Did I mention today’s grocery trip cost less than $26? Because it did.
- Speaking of natural ingredients, I’ve been veering from my normal afternoon snack of a Luna bar.
When it comes down to it, I find something else to snack on on my way to the gym. Luna bars are great, and tasty, but macadamia nuts and unsweetened, dried cherries are whole foods and free of any and all chemically engineered ingredients. It includes organic inulin, which I’m for sure God did not make, and inulin does not replace the REAL fiber in macadamia nuts. Ahem.
- Does anyone still watch Desperate Housewives anymore? If there’s someone out this who does and is reading this, email me! I need to discuss the latest episode with someone, but can’t find anyone to do it with!
- From a show no one watches to a show everyone watches, how about that Walking Dead finale eh? If you haven’t watched it yet, SPOILER!!! DON’T SCROLL DOWN. If you have, scroll down and get ready to nod and say “mmmm hm!!!”
f’real, now’s your chance to not get spoiled.
Ugh. She annoys me. They all do. I love this show.
Gotta go! Happy Thursday
What show do you love to hate?
Favorite brand of peanut butter?