Interview with Alison Sweeney: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Her
Last week I received an email from Molly on behalf of Yoplait Light asking if I’d be interested in interviewing Ali Sweeney. If you don’t already know, Ali is the host of the Biggest Loser, a Day of Our Lives soap star, and author of cookbook, The Mommy Diet.
Now. I haven’t hidden the fact that I love Days of Our Lives, and have watched since my first year of college. It’s the only soap I watch and have ever watched, and Sami (aka Alison Sweeney) has always been my favorite. So you can imagine my excitement when Molly asked me if I’d be interested in the interview. After jumping up and down and telling Shane asap, I promptly said YES!
Ali is teaming up with Yoplait Light to promote healthy swaps when it comes to baking and recipes.
We scheduled the interview for Tuesday, which made it even better because it was on my birthday
The only other celebrity I’ve interviewed is Jane Seymour, and that was six years ago, so naturally I was a little nervous, as I went over my questions, and called her. However, I should have known that nervousness would flee out the window as soon as we started talking. Ali is just as pleasant and charming in conversation as she is on screen!
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Ali Sweeney
1. She just ran the LA Marathon in under 4.5 hours, and is rightfully VERY proud of herself.
Though it wasn’t all smiles, as she hit the proverbial wall around mile 21.
All of the sudden I didn’t think I could move forward….I cried, and I didn’t think I could go one more mile….but then I just kept on moving, and I did! My inspiration came from the Biggest Loser Contestants when they ran their Marathon.
2. Before working with a trainer to correct her form and stride, Ali didn’t think her knees would allow her to ever run at all – let alone a marathon!
I had a knee injury and I really felt like I could never run again, and my trainer encouraged me not to give up on this.
3. Amongst her busy schedule, she firmly believes in setting a healthy example for her family by working out and eating and cooking healthy food.
You have to be aware that you’re doing what’s best for your family. You’re being a great role model for the people in your life. I want them to take care of their body this way and the best way to do it is to demonstrate it.
4. Her favorite workout is spinning.
With the music and the lights, it feels almost spiritual, like I’m in another place at the time.
5. She cooks at home almost every night, and her favorite meal to cook with her family is her Oatmeal Pancakes from her cookbook, The Mommy Diet.
I cook at home all the time, cooking is something I love to do. We make it family time, Megan stirs and ben sets the table, and Dave grills.
6. She remains friends with several of the contestants on the Biggest Loser, as well as with former BL personal trainer, Jillian Michaels.
I still play Words with Friends with them!
7. In addition to her Biggest Loser pals, Alison has made many friends that she’s had on her new show, Hollywood Girls Night, like Patti from Millionaire Matchmaker.
Now we have that much more history between us to talk about, and that’s so much fun, too. I love dinner parties and connecting with other women in that and having those strong relationships. We’ve all had a great time getting to know each other and bonding and connecting. I also think
8. On the set of Days of Our Lives,
Sami Alison catches some jokes from her castmembers for eating healthy when there’s desserts abundant.
Someone had brought in red velvet cupcakes, and everyone’s like, “what’s Ali going do?”…One of my tricks for eating healthy is to arm myself with snacks that are good for me. So instead of red velvet cupcakes, I had a red velvet Yoplait Light yogurt in my fridge!
9. She prepares for photoshoots like this month’s Shape cover and other events by really honing in on her healthy eating habits and limiting complex carbs – without starving herself.
10. She blogs too! She interacts with all of her fans on her website alisonsweeney.com
For more on Ali, you can visit her website, and for more on Yoplait Light and healthy swaps, you can visit their facebook page!