Gym Pet Peeves That Don’t Peeve You
Do you know who invented the heating pad?
Whoever it was, I want to give them a BIG ol’ smoocher.
Needless to say, I woke up with my back feeling much better this morning. Still not 100%, but I was able to move around without looking like a little old lady. Things are lookin’ up!
Since I was able to move about, after training three clients in the wee hours this morning, I headed to the gym before heading home. I still took it easy, doing the following:
- cycling intervals on stationary bike – 15 minutes
- elliptical intervals – 15 minutes
- treadmill walking with incline – 15 minutes
Kindle treadmill-ing whaaat
No strength training quite yet. Maybe tomorrow, but probably not until Friday. Just to be 100% safe
Same fruit, different day!
Cottage cheese, honey, chia seeds, pom arils, almond meal. Truly delish.
Now let’s talk about pet peeves. Or rather, the pet peeves you don’t have that others do…
Gym and Fitness Pet Peeves Others have that You Don’t
I’ve noticed that one of gym-goers favorite topics include things that bother them in the gym – AKA fitness pet peeves.
Today while plugging away on the treadmill, I overheard a particularly lengthy conversation between two girls listing their gym pet peeves.
While I do have certain annoyances in the gym (people who smell absolutely horrible from B.O. or smoke, people who don’t wipe down their machines, and those who are obviously sick and still come to the gym,) a lot of gym pet peeves that bother others don’t bother me so much:
- VPL (visible panty lines) – it doesn’t bother me to see VPL. I don’t have to look if I don’t want to!
- cell phone talking (to an extent.) Hey, if anything it provides a distraction – eavesdropping!
- grunting (it can get ridiculous, but doesn’t peeve me)
- latecomers or early-leavers in fitness classes – unless it’s my class you’re late to
I’m sure there are more, but those seem to be the main ones.
What are gym/fitness pet peeves others have that don’t peeve you?