Because 8’s my second favorite number (following # 27)…
1. I never truly knew what a tempo run was until yesterday, and they have been training plans for more than a year. I was just doing what I thought was a tempo run, which was running each mile a little quicker than the previous one! I’d be wrong, though!
2. Working out in the afternoon/evening makes me really, really, really tired. Last night’s said tempo run was done like this: warm up 1.5 mile run at 6.0-6.2 speed, 2 miles tempo speed 6.7-7.0, 1.5 miles cool down run at 6.0-6.2. I could barely muster the strength to eat dinner, I was so tired. OK, who am I kidding, I inhaled dinner. Afterward, though, I collapsed on the couch right next to all of the laundry I’d intended to do!
3. Comcast is horrible. That is all…
OK, that’s not all. Our internet has been dropping out like MAD lately, and it’s really frustrating when trying to put together online training plans!
4. I have to get a cavity filled today, and I’m being pretty pouty about it. However, it needs to be done – and I’m leaving work early to do it
5. Normal’s first self serve frozen yogurt shoppe opens on the 4th of July and nothing can stop me from going!!
On Monday we’re heading over to uptown Normal to fill our cups with yogurt, and then top with all the combos of toppings imaginable!!!! I’m scarily excited about Chill Out! Yogurt’s grand opening
6. This morning is my first time drinking a juice sans fruit.
I don’t think I’m rea-dy for this carrot-cuke-cel-ery.
7. Google Plus.
Google + is Google’s social network, which will compete with Facebook. It will have 5 parts, which you can see in the picture above. It’s like Facebook, but it’s not! I’ve never really been a fan of Facebook (in fact, in college I was known to deactivate my account many of times) so I think I’ll at least check it out
8. Did I mention the women’s running shoes went back to the store?
Yeah…apparently my second toe just couldn’t hang in the women’s shoe. It’s never been the same since training for my first half marathon more than a year ago, and did NOT feel comfortable. Sooo…I went back on the men’s version. So much for cute running shoes!
Happy Thursday, friends! Hope it’s a great one for ya’s! It’s going to be a hot one here, but I don’t mind. I might be hitting up a spin class tonight after my dentist appointment – woot!
Has there ever been a certain exercise/workout you found out you’ve been doing wrong the whole time? Tempo runs confuse me…
Are you going to check out Google + ? Do you ever think you could switch over from Facebook?