Since a few of you asked the products/process I use to get my hair from straight to curly, so I took some time today to make a video tutorial for you!
Shane was at work while I made the video, so excuse the one-man-band camera operations 😉
Steps for those who don’t want to/can’t watch the video:
1. ‘Poo and condition hair as normal, squeeze out excess water, but don’t towel dry.
2. Apply leave-in conditioner (I use B&B Mending) generously. Mix together curl creme (I use Aveda’s Be Curly) with a gel (Aveda’s Flaxseed Aloe) in the palm of your hand and apply to your hair, coating all the strands. The combination of these two products helps my hair get waves, but without that crunchy, wet look. If I just did the creme, then my curls would be too soft, and if I just used the gel, my hair would look to hard/crunchy. A combination works great!
3. Section off the hair around the crown of your head and twist and then clip. In a separate clip, twist the rest of the hair all the way to the end and clip on the nape of your neck. Wait 15-20 minutes.
4. Unclip hair and shake out with your head (like shaking your head “no”) – don’t scrunch with fingers.
5. In sections, diffuse hair with a blow dryer with a diffuser attachment until half way dry. Air dry until completely dry.
How my hair looks when I style it straight:
(ignore that morning/creepster look on my face!)
How it looks when I air dry it, aka when I don’t do a damn thing to it 😛 :
And how it looks curly/wavy:
I hope this was helpful for those who wanted to try it out yourself! Feel free to post your own tips on getting waves/curls
What products do you currently use on your hair? I use the ones mentioned above to make my hair curly, but different ones when I wear it straight. I am a product junkie! I feel like I’ve tried them all! But on the other hand, I’ve found my HG (holy grail) products for almost everything (except shampoo!!) 😀
I’m off to train a client and then heading back here to cook up dinner for Shane and me. I hope you’re having a good Monday