Tell Me Your Secrets
Do Vitatops count as dessert?
That’s what I’ve been having lately a couple hours after dinner. It satisfies my sweet tooth without downing a huge bowl of ice cream with a cookie on top! Winner winner vita dinner!
However, know what I had a fierce craving for yesterday? One of those chocolate chipper cookies from Panera.
During college I worked in the bakery at Panera for a and those cookies were my faaaavorite. It was a pretty fun job and lunch breaks were always delicious! 😉
Did you know that Panera gives any and all leftover bagel/pastry/bread loaf to local homeless shelters? The employees aren’t allowed to take any baked goods home (unless sneaked) at the end of the night!
Other things I know that you may not because of past jobs I’ve had:
TV News Anchor and Reporter
- Lots of times, anchors on TV news are wearing a nice jacket or button down…with jeans. Hey, you can’t see their pants on the TV screen!
- If you’re working in TV news and you just graduate college, chances are you will start out working 3rd shift, almost minimum wage, and working all holidays in your first year. Tough competition out there!
- The screen for the weather is really green.
Department Store Dept. Manager at Von Maur (a Midwest upscale clothing store I worked at after college)
- Von Maur offers an interest free charge card and there’s NO catch. It just let’s you charge…without interest!
- They also do free shipping, free wrapping, and do not tax items that are being shipped to a state without a Von Maur
What do you know that others might not because of past jobs you’ve had? I love reading about this kind of stuff! I once heard that Target cashiers get graded on the amount of time per transaction! What if there are penny counters and check writers?! Do the cashiers get an F because of those types of people?
Have a lovely Wednesday, all! I’m off to the BIC for a bit and then training a client in her home a later on today. I’m thinking about a FUN new recipe tonight for dinner, though 😉